1.Time to paint those bland winter walls! Neutral tones are just fine, but add in some of the cool blues and greens that are making a statement this Spring.
2. Clear the clutter! Time for spring cleaning. Get to those scary spots (under the bed, closets, storage) and throw away all that old junk that you don't need.
3. Splurge on some new artwork. Whether it's a light hearted oil painting, a sleek sculpture, or a Monet piece you've been eyeing for a year, reinvent your space!
4. New accessories! Reframe your photos with more interesting casings. The heavy woods and metals are out for the spring. Change up that china vase, try blown glass, recycled glass cobalt, or topaz!
5. Change your window treatments. Lighter fabrics such as satin, chiffon, hand painted or dyed silks, are all in this spring. The colors are zesty and the look is fresh!
6. New rugs can change the entire look of your space! Move away from the heavy traditional patterns and textures and look for stripes, polka dots, and Kandinsky-esque styles.
7. Love your furniture but looking for a change? Slipcovers are still the way to go! Solids are always safe, but if you want to branch out, a lot of the light colored damasks are coming back in.
8. If you can manage to swing it, change out a few of your side tables with lighter colored woods or glass tops. If not, cover up the winter table tops with some light colored scarves or place-mats. Work with what you've got, it brings out your most creative self!
9. Change your dishware for the season! Use fun, bright colors and chic designs on pottery or glass. Tangerines, ocean tones, hot pinks and purples!
10. If nothing else, open up your space and add a splash of color with fresh flowers. They are at their best now and the colors are the inspiration for modern color trends.
So there you have it! Spring-summer 2018 is the time for reinventing and refreshing! Use your invigorated senses to inspire your dwellings. Happy Spring / Summer time!
ATC for another idea of housing
Would you like to support ATC for more sustainable consumption patterns? Take part of the 1 reservation = 1 tree planted program, book here and share:
Did you like this article? Register now and for free to be informed of new and up-to-date news articles.