Spring is here and decorating is in the air. We all love putting out fresh new looks in our homes this time of year, but have you thought recently about the outside? Often we're so busy decorating or redecorating inside, we forget to do the same outside as well. So here are a few quick and easy outdoor decorating tips that will help spruce up the curb appeal of your home:
1. Paint: You can paint the entire house and trim, or simply touch up the trim alone... either way will make a huge impact on how your home looks to the passing public.
2. Porch or Patio: If you already have a porch or patio, simply putting new furniture out can make a wonderful difference in the presentation of your home. Alternatively, you can simply buy new cushions or covers for your existing patio furniture.
3. Walkways: Having walkways outside your home add a cozy, homey and inviting feel to the overall outdoor presentation. Just a straight concrete walkway can be spruced up by putting a bit of garden bed edging along each side... putting small solar walkway lights on each side... or planting colorful annual flowers such as petunias on each side.
4. Yard ornaments: These can be as simple as a small bird house, a pole mounted outdoor lantern light, or even a wheelbarrow with flowers. Putting a little something extra in your yard defines you and your tastes, plus it gives your home a more unique personality that stands out from your neighbors.
5. Flowers, Plants, Vines & Bushes: Probably the most popular way to spruce up a yard quickly is to simply put out some pretty plants, bushes, vines and flowers. Annuals are great for adding dashes of color quickly, because you can usually buy them this time of year in bloom.
Would you like additional outdoor decorating tips? Let us know in the below comments or check our video on MyATCtv!
ATC for another idea of housing
Would you like to support ATC for more sustainable consumption patterns? Take part of the 1 reservation = 1 tree planted program, book here and share:
Did you like this article? Register now and for free to be informed of new and up-to-date news articles.