Those that are looking to add a lot of fun to their child’s room should consider the addition of kid’s rugs. There are some really amazing choices out there that your children will love. No matter if they are just babies or a blossoming teen; they will enjoy having a great looking room to call their own.
It used to be that many parents just left their carpeting on the floor of these rooms to provide enough comfort and padding. But, today, adding a fun area rug to the room adds more dimension, character and makes their room, well, more like their own room! Of course, you can also purchase area rugs for kid’s playrooms or just for the area of the home that they tend to play in.
There are several things that you should consider, though, when you purchase a kids rug. You do not want to just head out and just pick one up. You need to consider several aspects about the room, the carpet and your child before you do so to insure that you are making a wise investment. Here are some tips to help you to make the right choice.
• Get the size right. One of the biggest mistakes that people tend to make when purchasing any area rug is assuming that they know what the right size for the rug they need is. The goal is not to think about it at all but to get out a tap measure and take some measurements. In a kid’s room, you may need to purchase an off size or something that is large enough to fit under their furniture. Getting the size right is your first step to finding the right area rug.
• Next, consider the color. If you are designing your child’s room from scratch, you may want to start with the area rug. In many cases, your child will find and fall in love with the area rugs. They come in so many various colors and patterns that it is easy to really enjoy one or the other. You should consider the color scheme of your room as well as the patterns in the area rug. If the area rug will have butterflies on it, adding butterflies to the room’s décor works well.
• Your child’s tastes. One of the fundamentals of decorating a child’s room is to make it his room. That means paying attention to the things that he really loves and adding them to his room. The rest of the house is yours to decorate, but a kid’s room should say something about them. If they have a favorite theme, such as cars and trucks, you will find a good amount of area rugs for this. You can even look for the child’s favorite cartoon characters as many of them are available on area rugs.
• Educational options. Some of those that are looking to add area rugs to their child’s room want to add an educational element to them. This is an excellent way to teach them something without them really realizing that is what you are up to. It’s easy to do with all of the options that you have as well. Area rugs are available in a wide range of themes such as ABC’s and counting, space, and even those that teach things like sharing and friendship. This is a great way to add a theme to a room that is still fun and educational at the same time.
• Quality. There are several things to consider when it comes to the quality of the rug that you will put into your child’s room. First off, kids are rough and tough as well as being messy. The area rugs that you purchase should be able to take what your child can throw at it. Consider the pile of the area rug as well. This is the height of the rug’s fibers. Longer will provide a thicker, more impact resistant surface for falls and bumps. Consider the material. Those that are washable are an excellent choice here. They should be comfortable as well.
Keeping all of these things in mind is essential to providing your child with a kid’s rug that is perfect for them. Now, the higher in quality that the area rug is, the more costly it is likely to be. But, you can still benefit from the highest in quality. That’s because a high quality product will last longer and take more of a beating. If the rug delivers a smile to your child’s face, that makes it even more beneficial to your needs.
Take your time when selecting the right area rug for your child’s bedroom or his playroom. The area rug can add to the fun of his room as well as the character it has. He will love it if you take just a few extra minutes to find the perfect rug for his room.
ATC for another idea of housing
Would you like to support ATC for more sustainable consumption patterns? Take part of the 1 reservation = 1 tree planted program, book here and share:
Did you like this article? Register now and for free to be informed of new and up-to-date news articles.